Frank DePaolo

August 17th, 1931 – September 11th, 2017   

His parents were Frank and Philomena DePaolo and he was the 5th of 6 sons. (Amato, Phillip, Dominic, Anthony, Frank, and Raymond) He is once again with his mother, father, and brothers.

He was raised in Roseto, PA.  A small town where a shirt factory was the town’s main source for jobs. Dad worked at the shirt factory with his mother. They did have a small movie theater that dad worked at so he could see the latest movies. But this small town was strong with Italian values of family and their Catholic Church. Dad and his brothers sang in the church choir and were alter boys. He and his brothers were raised to be hard workers and that family came first.  He and his brothers would give a portion of their earnings to help support the family.  Dad was the only member of his family to graduate from the local high school. Dad loved to cook (thank goodness I would have starved as a child, the only thing mom could cook or burn was puff pastry with tuna) and part of the reason he loved to cook was because it was time spent with his mother.  She taught him to cook her recipes and I am the lucky one to have had those recipes taught to me.  My boys, are you going to be the next generation with Grandma’s cooking skills?

Upon graduation dad joined the United States Air Force.  This is where he met his wife Bonnie Putnam. Also a member of the United States Air Force.  They were married 0n August 30th, 1952, in Elko, Nevada.  Ripley’s Believe It or Not couldn’t believe they were still married at the time of his death.  They had one daughter Margaret DePaolo Jensen.  He was also the parent to several hamsters, a couple of dogs and a herd of cats. They made their many homes in Bountiful, Utah.

Dad worked for a local gas station in Bountiful while attending Weber State. (Keddington’s Phillips 66, on Mail Street Bountiful.) He then was employed by Hercules.  They built the rockets that were used in the space program.  He took early retirement but found out he couldn’t “just do nothing!”  So, he went to work for Marriott. When he left Marriott he still couldn’t sit home and be with Bonnie.  So when he retired from Marriott he became a crossing guard at Foxboro Elementary which was his final job.

Dad was also the Exalted Ruler in the Bountiful Elks Lodge and then Served in tehsame position for the State of Utah Elks. He was a very social man in the right situation and he had many good friends in the Elks.

Mom and Dad have lived apart this past year.  Mom is a resident at Avalon and is struggling with finding her mind.  Personally, I don’t think she will find it anytime soon.  He visited her every day until he was too sick to keep going.

Dad moved in with his daughters family when the cancer was found and he decided he wasn’t going to fight the cancer.  He didn’t want to be alone while he fought the fight.  He would lie to us telling us he was fine even when we knew he wasn’t fine.  Stubborn Italian!  Well, you know who won the fight or I wouldnt be writing this, but we knew the cancer would win.

He leaves behind his wife Bonnie, daughter Margaret and son-in-law Neil Jensen.  Three grandsons and 4 great grandchildren.  Bart and his daughter Olivia, Adam and his wife Jennae and their 3 son’s Stockton, Xander, and Camden, and Clarke Jensen.

I know you don’t believe in an after- life, but I wish I could see your face when you see your family! Have a safe journey dad and know that we love you. See you soon…

Neil and I and our family would like to thank the Adagio Hospice that came into our home to care for dad the last several months. Thank You Jon. Rosemary, and Lisa.  As a family we will miss you.

Frank will be entombed in the Mount Calvary Mausoleum, Mount Calvary Catholic Cemetery, Salt Lake City, UT


Bonnie Darlene Putnam De Paolo

January 14th, 1931 – September 12th, 2017

Well, the Three Musketeers are no more.  I can’t believe that you left me here less than 24 hours after dad passed away!  Now there is only one Musketeer to fight the worlds battles. And protect the family.

Bonnie’s parents are Artimus and Thelma Bull Putnam. She had 2 sisters and one brother.  Margaret, Delores, Bonnie, and Jim.  I hope their reunion was joyous and filled with Jim’s humor.  Mom was born and raised here in Bountiful, Utah.  Life was hard, Artie liked to hang out at the local Pool Hall and money was tight.  Gram divorced Artie (which was unheard of in those days) mom was around 7 years old.  Uncle Ruben helped the family and mom went to work for Uncle Ruben in his fields.  So as a little girl she learned to pick pea’s, strawberries, apples, peaches, and grapes where all of the SNAKES would hide and chase her.  She was a good picker and fast and soon many of the local farmers wanted Bonnie to help in their fields.  Gram went to work and mom was left to take care of Jim.  So, into the fields with Bonnie he went.  They had a close relationship all of their lives, Jim knew he could count on Bonnie.

Most of us are not old enough to remember the dikes in West Bountiful, a place where people could go and play in the water.  Gram gathered the family, her kids, her brother and sister in law and their kids, and her father, and off to the dikes they went to play and spend time as a family on a Sunday afternoon.  However, that day mom and her sister Delores were walking in the water with their cousin Louise, holding hands.  Suddenly Louise slipped into the water but they couldn’t see her or feel her.  Grams bother Bill jumped into the water to find her and he didn’t come back up.  Grams dad William jumped into the water and he didn’t come back up either.  The divers found the three bodies trapped in a little cave beneath the water.  This caused mom to have an extreme fear of the water.  I had probably 8 years of swimming lessons and we never put our boat on the water on a Sunday.

Mom worked for Swede Olson in the Bountiful Drug store he owned.  The building used to be where the Bountiful Post Office is now located.  To her dying day she didn’t like ice cream because of all of the ice cream she worked with at the drug store.  However, she did love her Iron Port and then her Coke.

She liked to hang with her high school friends at Davis High.  She also loved playing sports.  All sports! In a softball game, she was hit in the mouth with a softball and lost 3 teeth.  Gram was not amused!  She was a good student and enjoyed the activities that high school provided at that time. When mom’s mind was being ravaged by dementia we were watching T.V. and a commercial came on about the Harlem Globe Trotters coming to town.  She looks at me in all seriousness and says, “You know I played for that team, I was their star player.” Hmmmmmm

Mom was a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  When mom graduated from high school she received a gold band for perfect church attendance in high school.  I have that ring and I cherish it because mom was raised in and obviously loved the Church, but when she married she left the church and never looked back.

After graduation, she joined the Air Force and met Dad, Frank De Paolo.  He was in the Ari Force too.  They were married in Elko, Nevada, on August 30th, 1952.  My birthday is also August 30th, so I never forgot their anniversary.  This union was not a perfect or happy one, but they stuck it out to the end.  They had one daughter, Margaret De Paolo Jensen (yes, I was named after my mom’s sister who died at the age of 13).

Mom worked all but 2 years of my life.  The pediatrician was afraid we would drive each other insane and needed the break from each other, so I hung out at Arbon’s Fun School while she worked as a secretary for many different companies and doctors.  One of those companies was Prows Wood and yes, she worked for Dick Prows.  To show what a small world this is Dick lived in my current neighborhood until his passing.  She also worked for Dr. Robert Carson who helped develop the arthroscopic surgery procedure for reairing knee injuries.

We traveled all over the place but never in Utah.  (Unless there was water for the boat.)  She wanted me to learn about all of the other places that were not Utah.  Mom wanted me to see a diverse world and that all people are the same.

Mom taught me a lot of things because she had a lot of talents like needlepoint, cross stitching, a love a reading, being creative, how to make sure my clothes matched, but there was one thing she didn’t teach me and that was how to cook.  Mom you were the worst cook ever.  I remember the time you decided to make an angel food cake and it caught on fire in the oven so dad called it a devil food cake with brimstone.  You had also made a mess in his clean oven.  One time I told you that you can cook if you can read.  You said, “I can read so it should be easy.”  A couple of days later you called and said, “this cake doesn’t look right and I have been reading the directions.”  I walked down to your house and sure enough you had been reading the direction.  You had a boxed frosting mix in the bowl and you were reading the directions from the cake mix box.  So, the cake mix was still in the box and the frosting mix with eggs and oil in it looked like vomit! You never cooked again.

Bonnie leaves behind her daughter Margaret, son in law Neil Jensen.  Three grandsons and 4 great grandchildren.  Bart and his daughter Olivia, Adam and his wife Jennae and their 3 son’s Stockton, Xander, and Camden, and Clarke Jensen.

Mom I hope you find the illusive peace and happiness that dad and I just couldn’t seem to give you here on earth.  You were loved more than you ever thought.  I hope that your family was waiting for you on the other side of the veil and that there was a joyous reunion.  Keep busy because you were always happiest when you had things to do.  See you soon…

Neil and I and our family would like to thank Adagio Hospice for going to the care facility to take care of her for the last 3 days of her life.   Thank You Jon, Rosemary and Lisa.

Bonnie will be entombed in the Mount Calvary Mausoleum, Mount Calvary Catholic Cemetery, Salt Lake City, UT

Beulah Ensign George


10/09/1937 – 08/20/2017

Today, with heavy hearts that are full of pain and happiness, we announce that this wonderful lady, who brought so much love, joy and laughter to so many has made the journey to a family reunion that is long overdue. Upon arriving she was greeted by her mom and dad, who she has missed terribly, as well as her brothers, sisters, and all of her extended family that went on before her. What a beautiful day of celebration for all these beautiful blue eyes.
We know she is busy making sure that everything is in the right place and everyone is being taken care of. This remarkable lady was so talented at crocheting and knitting and now her hands are free from pain to do what she enjoyed the most.
Her hugs and kisses and “I love you”s will forever be missed! She leaves behind her extended family and friends who will always be so grateful for the wonderful memories and stories that we will share forever. We love you forever and ever and miss you so much – until we meet again. WE LOVE YOU!
Per Mom’s wishes she was cremated and a small service celebrating her beautiful life will be held Saturday, August 26th, 2017 at City View Memoriam (1001 East 11th Avenue Salt Lake City, Utah) from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm.

George Percell


On August 18, 2017 George Percell went home to be with his heavenly family. He was an amazing person and full of life. He always had a smile on his face and a little twinkle in his eye. His favorite things were feeding the ducks and drinking his 32 oz coffee.  George looked at life as a journey. George loved being surrounded by family.  May you rest in peace and be reunited with your mom and two brothers until we meet again. George is survived by his nieces Charlotte Percell and Vanessa Percell, his nephew in-law Joey Maldonado, his great nephew Dominic Percell and his sister-in-law Rose Percell.

George is proceeded in death by his mother Anne Chaus and his brothers Richard Percell and Steve Swartz. 

We would like to thank Little Cottonwood Nursing home for taking amazing care of George. 

There will be a graveside service on Thursday, August 24, 2017 at 12:00 pm at Mt. Olivet Cemetery. 

Please send flowers to City View Memoriam. 

Charles Edward Colebrook, Jr.


Charles Edward Colebrook, Jr., age 83, died August 2nd, 2017 in Murray, Utah. He was born March 2nd, 1935 in Worcester, Massachusetts, to Charles Edward Colebrook, Sr. and Myrtice Evelyn Dolittle. He married Sara Dale Nay on October 23rd, 1963.

He loved genealogy, spending time with his children and grandchildren, hunting and fishing, camping, dancing, bowling, and going to Leatherby’s. He always made everyone laugh, like dressing up for his children’s spouses to welcome them to the family. He loved his family more than anything.

Chuck is survived by his wife Sara; children Desi, Chuck, Mike, Tammy, John, Tina, Rick; and grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his parents, sister Joyce, and brother-in-law Phil.

A memorial service will be held 11:00 a.m. Saturday, August 12, 2017 at 981 East Revere Circle, Murray, Utah.

Donna Elsie Hermansen Prince

Our sweet mom, grandma and great-grandma, Donna Prince passed away on Monday, July 10th, 2017.  Donna was born on October 27th, 1925 to Jorgen and Fern Hermansen in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Donna grew up in the Salt Lake area and graduated from South High School.  She married Rex Prince on June 4th 1947 and together they had five children.  She is survived by her children Eileen, Kip (Lee), Jill (Cal) and Todd (Susie), her grandchildren Penni, Jamie and Corey (Mallary), her two great-grandchildren Jensen and Hayden and her brother Dean.

Donna was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, her daughter Penny, five sisters Vadna, Dale, Joy, Arvilla and Ila, and two brothers Ray and Ned.

Mom maintained her sense of humor and delighted in life right up to the end, although she never did get Monty Python.  Donna was loved by all. We will miss her love and strength every day. The world is a little less bright.

A graveside service will be held on Saturday, July 15th, 2017 at 10:00 AM at Memorial Redwood Cemetery, 6500 South Redwood Road, Salt Lake City.

Barbara Eve Sheridan Triolo

Barbara Triolo obit pic

Barbara Triolo, born in NYC, passed away on July 1, just 16 days short of her 85th birthday, in Salt Lake City UT. She was preceded in death by her adopted parents Philip Henry and Georgia La Farge Sheridan and older brother Philip.

Raised in Laurelton, Queens, she excelled as a singer and student, performing as a member of the children’s choir of the NY Metropolitan Opera and the all-NYC High School Choir. Shortly after graduating from Andrew Jackson HS, she met Carl Triolo while working as a temp at the local Post Office. They were married in Rosedale, NY in 1951 and remained partners for 64+ years, until his death in March 2016.

Mom had a wry sense of humor and an endearing capability of laughing at herself and the absurdities of life; a warm and kind heart and disposition; was an excellent cook, as well as gourmand; regretted that she never went to college; taught ceramics at the family home in Copiague, NY for over 10 years, and late in life took up watercolor painting and stained glass work.  Barbara cared for pretty much everyone; wanted us all to be happy, healthy, and successful; wanted our wishes to come true. And damn, she would fight for you to realize your dream, or realize you have a dream worth pursuing.

She is survived by daughter Loren, sons Mark (Nancy) and Phil (Willy), granddaughters Jaimee and Rosalie, and “stepson” Gordon. A memorial service will be held to commemorate her life on August 5, 2017 from 9:30 am – noon at City View Memoriam, 1001 East 11th Ave, SLC.

The family expresses its gratitude to Barbara’s sister Musketeers Edie and Claire and Donna for their boundless friendship and support while she resided at the Wellington.

Margaret “Peggy” Swenson

Margaret Joan Coffey Swenson

(“Peggy” for most of her life) was born May 11, 1923, in Columbus, Ohio. She died June 22, 2017, at home, surrounded by her family. She was born to Dorothy Elizabeth Neff Coffey and Joel Simmonds Coffey. Peggy’s father was a professor of animal husbandry at Ohio State University.

Peggy grew up in Columbus, Ohio. After graduating with a degree in sociology from Ohio State, she went to New York City to find fame and fortune. She found a treasure when she met and married Robert Wayne Swenson (Bob) from Ivanhoe, Minnesota. They both worked in the Davis Polk law firm; he was a new attorney and she worked in the law library.

Bob then went on to teach at Drake University Law School in Des Moines, Iowa. While there, Peggy gave birth to their three children, but also contracted polio during the epidemic of 1952.  Peggy struggled to walk for many years, without complaint. In 1954, Peggy and Bob moved to Salt Lake City where Bob joined the faculty of the University of Utah S. J. Quinney College of Law. They were enthusiastic Ute fans and went to many football and basketball games, sometimes following the teams to tournaments.

Peggy was an ardent Democrat and worked on many campaigns. She was a delegate to the 1976 national convention. She worked for Senator Frank Moss and for Congressman Wayne Owens and loved every minute of it. She also worked as a volunteer in Attorney General Jan Graham’s office.

Peggy is survived by her three children : Eric Peter ( Mary Ann) of Salt Lake and their children Lorenzo, Lorinda, Elaine and David; Jon Robert ( Carole Grossman) of Davis, California and Jennifer Elizabeth of Salt Lake; her grandchildren Sarah Grossman-Swenson ( Bob Studley) of San Francisco and Joshua Leif Grossman-Swenson of Belmont, California and two beautiful great grandchildren, Eliana and Theodore Swenson Studley of San Francisco. She shared her love of books, her sense of justice, her amazing strength and sense of humor. She loved to laugh. She will be missed always. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Nature Conservancy.

Ravenna Jo Stufflebeam

ravennastufflebeam cropped.jpg

On June 15th, 2017 Ravenna Jo Stufflebeam passed away peacefully.  She was born November 14th, 1934 in Bushton, Kansas to Norman Wesley Rhoades and Jessie Ruth Tracy. She was the oldest of 3 children. In her youth her family moved to Southern California where she completed high school and went to college.

The day she met Harrison Stufflebeam, who was home on leave from the Army before being shipped out to the Korean War, she knew she would marry him.  They wrote for over 18 months while he was deployed.  They were married in 1953 and were together for 56 years. In 1958 Harrison and Ravenna were sealed together for all time in the Los Angeles LDS Temple. Together they had 9 children, 28 grandchildren and over 25 great grandchildren.

Her main work was her family.  For the most part, Ravenna was a full time mom. There was plenty of opportunity for work, and when she did, she mainly did bookkeeping jobs. Ravenna was a hobbyist oil painter.  She loved to paint landscapes and painted a custom work of art for each of her children.  Her favorite time of the year was the fall, when the leaves change colors and decorated the mountains.  She loved to go for long drives up the canyons to look at all the trees.  She loved the American Flag. She often cried when she saw flags waving in the wind.

Ravenna loved the gospel of the Church of Jesus Christ, and loved to study early church history. She was an avid genealogist. She researched for over 25 years for family members from her side of the family and Harrison’s.  She was able to track both sides back to the 1500’s.  She also loved the Temple.  Later in life, she and Harrison were temple workers in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple in American Fork Utah.  She and Harrison also served a Church Service Mission in the Naga Philippines Mission.

Ravenna is survived by her Sister, all of her 9 children and grandchildren…

Funeral services will be June 24th from 10:00 am to 11:30 at 10455 North Ironwood Drive, Cedar Hills, Utah 84062. A viewing will also be held that same day from 9:00 am to 10:00 am. A graveside service will follow at 12:30 pm at City View Memoriam, 1001 11th Ave, Salt Lake City, UT 84103.

Rosa “Rosina” Shore

Rosa Shore

“Keep Your Eyes on Jesus”
Rosina’s signature phrases to her family when ending a conversation or a phone call were: “Keep your eyes on Jesus” and/or “I love you and Jesus loves you too”. It was important to her to share the Lord’s love with her family and friends, and she loved sharing her faith with others.
Rosa was known as “Rosina” to family and friends. Rosina was the name her dad wanted to give her but was not on the official list of names allowed on birth certificates in Belgium at the time, so it became her nickname.
Rosina was born on February 20, 1935 in Brussels, Belgium. Close to the age of 5-years-old, around the time World War II started, Rosina and her parents moved to Torino, Italy. She described her father, Giulio, as a “very brave man” who was part of the Resistance and unflinchingly stood up to the Nazis time and again. Our mom would share her experiences of living through the war with us: She remembered vividly air raid sirens blaring when her mother, Clara, grabbed her by the hand to run to a shelter. They were separated and Rosina was mesmerized by the sight of the planes dropping their bombs “like chickens laying their eggs”. Her mother finally found her and led her to a shelter; they held each other and said their goodbyes while the city was being bombed.
Her father was once in a car in which a bomb landed in the seat next to him (where Rosina herself had been sitting prior to the raid), but it didn’t explode; it was a dud and he survived. Rosina’s father was eventually arrested and sent to Sachsenhausen concentration camp in Germany. Her family miraculously ran into a fellow prisoner after the war who informed them that her father had died in the camp two days after the end of the war. Her father had said, “I don’t mind dying for the cause as long as I know we won the war,” and he did live long enough to see his dream realized. Rosina and her mother went to Germany to live with her aunt and remembered the “exhilaration” she felt when the war was over. Rosina was proud of her father for his bravery in fighting for what he believed in and giving up his life for it.
Later, her mother, Clara, met Giorgio Orsini on a train to Italy and they eventually married. Giorgio adopted and raised Rosina. When Rosina was 20-years-old, she remembered the American soldiers—who were more respectful than the Russians and threw chocolates to the children—and wanted to go see this awesome country who produced these wonderful soldiers. A wealthy woman, who also emigrated herself, sponsored Rosina’s passage to America on the Queen Mary. She paved the way for her parents to eventually join her in America.
Rosina met and married David T. Shore in 1959 and they had 8 children. They had been married for over 58 years. Our mom, Rosina, was the toughest woman we knew! She was a very loving mom and wife, and would do anything in her power for us and for anyone else. She loved spending time with her family and being at family parties. Rosina loved to go shopping and also enjoyed sculpting, painting, crocheting, gardening, interior decorating, attending the opera, and traveling throughout the years. She was fluent in 4 languages: Italian, French, English, and Spanish. Rosina loved her grandchildren and their company. She also loved animals and enjoyed the company of pets. Rosina was a substitute teacher in the Salt Lake City School District for over 25 years. She also taught French and Italian night classes. She modeled being a hard worker.
Rosina was preceded in death by her father, Giulio Guerrini, her mother, Clara Orsini, and her father, Giorgio Orsini. She is survived by her loving husband, David T. Shore; her 8 children: David (Kathaleen), Jonathan (Maria), Michael (Judy), Gabriel, Anna Maria (Mark), Raphael, Elizabeth (Joey), and Timothy; 14 grandchildren and 1 great grandchild. A special thank you to the staff @ St. Joseph Villa, Intermountain Utah Dialysis, and University of Utah Hospital for all of their special care and services to Rosina.
A funeral service will be held at City View Memoriam, 1001 11th Avenue, Salt Lake City, Utah 84103 on Saturday, April 15, 2017 @ 2:00 p.m. with a viewing one hour prior to service @ 1:00 p.m.
Rosina will be dearly missed. We love you mom and Jesus loves you too! “Keep your eyes on Jesus!”